[Dixielandjazz] Making Runs

D and R Hardie darnhard at ozemail.com.au
Wed Mar 17 18:00:21 PST 2004

Dear Norrie,
It seems your recording predates the Chris Tyle version I mentioned
earlier. It seems a mystery who first used the name and why, because
I'm sure Ingemar is correct in saying it isn't in the Bolden
literature, and Bunk said he didn't have a name for it, just something
Buddy made up. Ingemar had some ideas about it being based on a Mexican
march
regards
  Dan Hardie

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~darnhard/EarlyJazz.html

On Wednesday, March 17, 2004, at 10:17  AM, Norrie Thomson wrote:

> I have a recording of 'Making Runs' made in 1970 by an excellent UK New
> Orleans revival band called the 'New Iberia Stompers'.  The trumpet
> player
> on this recording is the excellent Tony O'Sullivan. Some of you on the
> list
> may have heard this recording.  The record details are 77 Records,
> 77SEU12/40
>
> Norrie
>
> Norrie Thomson
> Edinburgh
> Scotland

>>> 1993). It was untitled, but referred to a "make up" tune. Just
>>> "making