[Dixielandjazz] Davison & Bix to Ringwald/Petters

Fred Spencer drjz at bealenet.com
Mon Mar 15 16:55:09 PST 2004

Dear Tom,
Bix's "pivot tooth", which I described in my book, "Jazz and Death. Medical
Profiles of Jazz Greats" in the chapter on "Dental Disease",.was a slotted
tooth that Bix could put in and take out, after he broke one that had to be
extracted. He fiddled with it to the point that sometimes it fell out of his
mouth. This happened "on a snowy street in Cincinatti in a car driven by
Wild Bill Davison. Davison came to a halt and found the tooth in a tiny hole
in the snow."Cheers.
Fred
----- Orig
inal Message -----