[Dixielandjazz] Re: Bulges & Robot Trumpet Players

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 15 15:20:04 PST 2004

> From: "James Kashishian" <kash at ran.es>
>
> Unless the robot carries a spare trumpet mouthpiece in his jean's front
> pocket, thereby creating a bulge, the robot will never have the success
> trumpeters have always had with the females in the crowd.
>
> (I'm sorry to bring this up for the less adventurous on DJML, but it is
> a musical fact, therefore it can be stated on this list!)   :>

Yep, no doubt about it. When I used to visit Las Vegas regularly, I would marvel at
the effect a "codpiece" and tight pants (worn by young male singers) had with the
ladies in the audience. Some, no doubt, used "falsies" to heighten the display.
Perhaps a Tuba mouthpiece, or even a piccolo? ;-) VBG

Cheers,
Steve Barbone