[Dixielandjazz] Re: creating websites

lswain at penrose.com lswain at penrose.com
Wed Mar 10 14:45:37 PST 2004

On 10 Mar 2004 at 11:02, Beth Villanyi <bethv at portafortuna.com> said:

> One issue that I don't think has been mentioned, is that you can't
> simply embed a picture in a page in Word and expect it to load
> correctly in a web site. You have to upload the image (gif or jpg) to
> the web site, and insert a reference to it in your html document.

Beth is correct.

To illustrate, I just took a few minutes to create a test Web page
containing a photo using Microsoft Word, then saved it as a Web page.

During the saving operation, Word created the HTML markup for the Web
page test.htm, as well as a folder named test_files that contains the
picture file image001.jpg.

Both the Web page and the folder containing the picture file were
uploaded to a folder named test at our Web server, with the results
that can be seen at

	http://www.penrose.com/test/test.htm

All the best,

Larry Swain