[Dixielandjazz] Clarinet Licks and Alan Vache

John Russell hotjazz60 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 15:52:13 PST 2004

Hiya Harold, this is John, from clacton, Britain

Just an enthusiast of OKOM music, I totally agree with your posting about Alan Vache, as being one of the greatest clarinetists; he is listed by Jazzology records poll in 1995 as no. 3 in the rankings, you are rated no. 1 drummer

I can recommend some # live # records featuring Alan, that I have got stock of, as I only buy # live # items when funds permit, since I am Unemployed and 62,  having loved jazz music  for 40 years, started with mainstream type when I was collecting discs by Lionel Hampton

Clarinet Climax, with Chuck Hedges # Jazzology JCD 131
At the Atlanta Jazz party # with Johnny Varro and also on vibes has John Cocuzzi # American Music AMCD 270
Swingtet # Jazz im Amerikahaus # Nagel Heyer NHCD 013

Hope that may be of interest to OKOM readers, regards