[Dixielandjazz] Dixie Cinderella

Peter Johnson phjohn at bigpond.com
Thu Mar 4 08:09:01 PST 2004

As another brand new member (watching my spelling Jack), may I say I agree
wholeheartedly with John Farrell's comments, "
... delightful tune written by Andy Razaf and Don Redman - If It Ain't Love.
Why is it that so many quality songs like
this are no longer played? Shame on you all!".

In a similar vein, I've been trying to track down chords and a lead line for
Dixie Cinderella. I have two recordings, one by Thomas Ornberg's Blue Five
(attributed to Fats Waller). This CD was recorded in August 1991 and July
1993. The other recording I have is a 1955 Chris Barber version, this time
attributed to Razaf, Brooks & Waller.

I'd love to get the dots (and chords) ...

Pete Johnson