[Dixielandjazz] (no subject)

BFBASS at aol.com BFBASS at aol.com
Tue Mar 2 23:19:05 PST 2004

Alvino Rey did a set with us in Sacramento. It was 115 degrees, in a tent
which they had wet the sides down thinking that it would cool it down. You can
imagine what it did to the humidity! Alvino was playing steel guitar so we had
played quite a few tunes in E and A. I asked him what he wouild like to do for
a finale. He called the finale from the "Grand Canyon Suite" in the key of B.
Happily there was a lot of thunder from the guitar so the audience didn't hear
how many missed changes there were.

Bob Finch
Chicago Six