[Dixielandjazz] Uniforms & Agents - Redux

Patrick Cooke patcooke at cox.net
Fri Jun 25 21:38:28 PDT 2004

Uniforms are for identification...usually to identify the wearer as a
menial.  This notion was crystallized for me back when Nixon had some snooty
get together at the white house and had the band dressed up in some
ridiculous 'student prince' type costumes mainly so the guests wouldn't
mistake them for another guest.  They should have impeached him for that and
we would have avoided the Watergate debacle!

   Pat Cooke