[Dixielandjazz] Re: Sweet Emma

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jun 25 20:20:24 PDT 2004

Dear Mick,
I have one LP of Sweet Emma Barrett. 'The Bell Gal and Her Dixieland Boys'.
Preservation Hall #5001.
Recorded 25 Jan 1961.
It is still in its shrink wrap, unopened.
Which probably says something!
My very, very dear friend, the late Shirley House from your home town
Melbourne, used to refer to her as 'Not-So-Sweet Emma'!
Shirley and husband Dick, as you know, spend many years visiting New Orleans
annually.
So Shirley would probably have known something.
Unlike Hans, I do not think US$30 is a high price for the new Sweet Emma
double CD, but I would not buy it for different reasons.
Oh dear, listmate Louis Lince will probably now cancel my sub to his 'New
Orleans Music' magazine.
8>)
Have a great trip.
Very kind regards,