[Dixielandjazz] Sweet Emma

Mick Potter mpotter at mentoneggs.vic.edu.au
Thu Jun 24 20:51:37 PDT 2004

Hi Hans

I have 2 LP's of Sweet Emma Barrett. The Bell Gal.

1. Living New Orleans Jazz 1974
Percy Humphrey featuring Sweet Emma
Smokey Mary Phonograph Company
SM 1974 P

2.Sweet Emma and Her Preservation Hall Jazz Band
Preservation Hall
VPS-2

I got both of them from Preservation Hall in 1986.
I have no idea of their availability now.

What a voice. Sweet Emma had a raw New Orleans sound  That had real appeal.

Mick Potter
Melbourne Australia

>>> "Hans Koert" <koerthchkz at zeeKoertet.koerthchkz0zeelandnet >>>
Who can give me the recording (or if not available the release) date of the
LP "Sweet Emma at Heritage Hall" (Nobility 711)

Hit of the week news letter: http://members.lycos.nl/keHTTPinging/newsLycos
Keekeeps wingingHans Khimt
www.people.zeelandnetKoertoerthckhz