[Dixielandjazz] Re: Frenchy's String Band

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Thu Jun 24 01:13:57 PDT 2004

In a message dated 6/23/04 8:00:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bhaesler at bigpond.net.au writes:

> (More disco stuff. For those of you who can't be bothered, hit 'delete'
> now.)

I sincerely hope NOBODY deleted it, it is guys like Bill and Dan and Andre
Crouch, and Don Ingle, Charlie Suhor nand John Farrell  that keep this list and
the music going  for those of us Johnny come lately's who need to find
pertinent information and certainly not often enough remember to stop and thank these
guys for all that they do that may seem trivial to many to busy to pay
attention to what it is they really contribute to this list and Jazz and history in
general.

Sometimes as friends with a common tie we tend to get pesky and pick at one
another over trivial BS but all in all this is a great list of knowledgeable
folks from various aspects of this business that in spite of it all contribute
worth while information that benefits all of us and hopefully many more after
us when we are gone.

We are indeed fortunate that these guys have found this list and share so
freely their wonderful resources so that the rest of us don't have to do all the
research and keep it all in order.  I for one would be happy to pay for the
service should I be asked to do so, and this is why I have no problem spilling
my guts about marketing and booking your bands to anybody on the list who asks
for my advice on doing so.   I can assure you I get fromt his list much more
than I have so far been asked to give.

I sincerely appreciate many of the folks on this list for their generous
contributions.

I beg the rest of you to not take these guys lightly they are indeed an
invaluable resource for all those that follow them in the pursuit of promoting and
preserving OKOM in all it's forms.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins