[Dixielandjazz] WPA

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Wed Jun 23 17:02:54 PDT 2004

Pat;

The WPA was the "Work Projects Administration" which was created by FDR in
1935 (when I was born) to create work for the many people who were out of
work during the Great Depression. Here's a website which will give you more
information:

http://www.bartleby.com/65/wo/WorkProj.html

A "pink slip" can refer to either a pink-colored notice in your pay envelope
that you're fired or it's the title to your car (in California at least)
which you sign and give to the person who's purchased your car or a fetching
undergarment worn by women and some men.

Stan
Stan Brager