[Dixielandjazz] Sam Morgan band- was Ya'll got Altzheimers

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Fri Jun 18 09:35:50 PDT 2004

Might as well put this on the list.

I've heard several recordings by the Morgan Band and the Black Eagles up
here in New England play some of their material.  They were a great New
Orleans style (but if memory serves)albeit, slightly larger band.  The
trombone often played muted.   I like the way the instruments wove their
lines in and around each other.   I'd have to consult Rust to list all the
players.  Maybe, unless someone else fleshes this out during the day, I'll
do that from home tonight.

Ron L