[Dixielandjazz] Dan Barrett

Adaywayne at aol.com Adaywayne at aol.com
Wed Jun 16 12:28:39 PDT 2004

 From a bio:
"Born in Pasadena, California, and raised in Costa Mesa, Barrett started his
jazz career in high school when he formed his first group, the Back Bay Jazz
Band, which presented the music of King Oliver, Jelly Roll Morton and others to
Southern California audiences. During this time, Dan played many local jobs
with the great New Orleans musicians Ed "Montudie" Garland, Alton Purnell, Mike
DeLay, Joe Darensbourg, Nappy Lamare, and Barney Bigard, hearing about the
"old days" first-hand." Sorry....no recording info.

In a message dated 6/16/2004 5:18:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,