[Dixielandjazz] Saxophone - Jazz - Movies

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Mon Jun 14 15:11:51 PDT 2004

In a message dated 6/13/04 8:45:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

> How many of us are hung up on a piece of equipment, or clothing, or
> whatever, because somebody famous uses it, or somebody famous played it that way?
>
> Cheers,
> Steve Barbone

Careful there Steve, you are going to upset one our most valuable marketing
resources, the Musical Equipment and supplies manufacturing Sponsors who
constantly seek endorsements by any artist they think will promote their products to
other artists.

Where do you think I get all my shiny new equipment?  :))

I just gave my sax players a case of Reeds I got from a company at the NAAM
show.

Sheesh, they went throught he whole case in thirty minutes trying to find the
perfect one, :))

I play Bosphorus handmade Turkish cymbals,  because they are free for us to
use, but I still prefer my old Zildjians from the 1960.s for sound.   I also
used Meinl German cymbals and percussion instruments for a couple of years.
It's not a Stienway but it keeps me from spending all my drinking money on
asscessories and  in the next year should start seeing some full page color ads in
prominent Jazz magazines and musical instrument publications show us playing
them exclusively.   I use Yamaha Drums,  Remo Drum heads, Impact road cases,
DiMario strings,  I also am trying some donated Zildjian drumsticks, also have a
box of Vic Firths, Regency, and Vaters , if and when you run out or they
don't want to supply you anymore simply switch companies.   Now you know why I use
four drummers???? :))   We often use the sticks for a few days and then
autograph them for kids in the audience and give them to them after the show.   Who
knows how many little Buddy Rich's and Louie Bellson's we have inspired :))
The companies find it cheap direct advertising and promotion of their
products, and if one kid or musician buys one pair of sticks it paid for the cost of
giving them away and they have got a new customer for years to come.

> PS. If I get "chewed out?" over the musical OKOM content of this post,
> Charles Suhor can chew me out? any time. The man has style and a lot more class
> than most of us.

Musical content:

"Were in the Money"
"Second Hand Sticks"  :)