[Dixielandjazz] NATDJS Meeting Today 6/13/04 2pm - 5pm

Mike Marois Mike.Marois at HireLiveMusic.com
Sun Jun 13 21:57:16 PDT 2004

Hey All;

Well, I have just returned from a fun filled afternoon of jazz, dancing,
raffling, and much more.  I'm speaking of course of the Northwest Arkansas
Traditional Dixieland Jazz Society's first monthly session.  We had about
sixty die hard Traditional Dixieland foot warmers in attendance, and I can
tell you that they were true die hards because when Charlie Chrysler would
choose a tune like Route 66 they yelled and screamed for Dixieland.  We had
two jam musicians sign in and they got to sit in with the feature band for
two set.  A young trombone player showed up with his parents to check out
the scene and said that he would definitely bring his axe next month.  I'm
looking forward to this because his father, a Dixieland trumpet player,
informed me that he had brought his son up listening and learning the
trombone styles of my Uncle Freddie and my Grandfather Papa Jac Assunto.
All and all I think it went very successful.  We were able to cover expenses
and made a profit ($3.00).

Hope to see some of you at our next monthly session.  We will meet the
second Sunday of every month at the Clarion Inn in Bentonville.  For more
information please visit our website at: http://www.NAJazz.com .  I will be
updating the site shortly to include a recap of our first meeting.

Mike Marois
Co-Founder / Music Director
Northwest Arkansas Traditional Dixieland Jazz Society