[Dixielandjazz] Rest In Piece - Ray Charles

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 11 13:36:26 PDT 2004

This from the Stan Kenton chat list, send in by "Ed" in Lenox MA. Yeah,
Ray Charles was indeed, the "real thing".

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

"Music goes through all these fads....I'm sure you can remember, back in
the
'70s, they had disco. Then it was hip-hop, then they got rap".

"But on the other end, when you bring it down, people will always come
back
to the real thing".

"And this is the only reason why I've been out here so long."