[Dixielandjazz] First position on the trombone

Bryan Livett livett at rogers.com
Mon Jun 7 19:13:52 PDT 2004

Hear hear, Jim!  us trambone players gotta stick together... I believe Jiggs
Whigam likes that strange 1st position thing, even designed the 2B named
after him with a short tuning slide so you have to play first position
slight lower than "normal"...go figure!

Then you have Bachs and Williams with the "short" bell and the Kuhnl & Hoyer
which is even shorter... it's difficult enough the play the damn thing in
tune without complicating matters with trombone design!

Bryan