[Dixielandjazz] Murray McEachern

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Fri Jun 4 14:31:54 PDT 2004

Pat;

When I was taking my first trombone lessons, my teacher told me that many
players adjust their tuning slides to have first position out from the
closed position for 3 reasons. One was for slide vibrato, another was to
keep the trombone in tune as the temperature changes, and the third was to
avoid a clang when the slide is brought quickly to the first position.

Stan