[Dixielandjazz] Not Fats piped rolls, but whom?

Bob Shoring bobshoring at california.com
Tue Jun 1 17:57:12 PDT 2004

David,

I know Dick Hyman made some very good pipe organ jazz and stride piano
recordings. I don't have any, but I believe one has the title of
"Cincinnati Fats" or something like that. As I recall that title had all
or mostly Fats Waller tunes or arrangements. You might try doing a
search on that title and see what comes up.

--
Regards, Bob Shoring.............San Francisco, California, USA
bobshoring at california.com        Fax: 1-661-761-9027

David McCartney wrote:
Who was it - a good jazz/raggy performer, who
did a series of Fats solos on a big fancy pipe organ
at some college in the Midwest? Richard Hyman?
I heard it on KPFA long ago and never forgot it.
It was rollicking good - yum yum!

David McCartney
…a standup kinda bass player