[Dixielandjazz] Fw: rap group accidentally plays melody

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 1 09:53:35 PDT 2004

MessageFrom my good friend, John Howard!

Rap group accidentally plays melody. . .

"We're sorry but it was an accident".

That's what rap group, uRD, better known to fans as
"upper Respiratory Disease", told fans who showed up last night to hear
them rap their latest smash hit single, "yo".

Apparently the group's record scratcher, during the performance
accidentally scratched 4 consecutive scratches which, when listened to
closely, sounded like 4 unique musical notes .. notes that fans say

"sounded like a melody to them".

uRD's lead gangster, Vanilla-Chocolate-SwiRL told reporters,

"When we heard that **** we STOPPED that ****, stopped it dead stone
cold DEAD. We stopped rap'n, stopped scratch'n, stopped walk'n round
shake'n our arms goin yo ..
Our fans paid good money to come see us and it wasn't fair for our fans
to have to put up with melodies and lyrics and ***** when all THEY came
to do was hear us go 'yo' ."

Ticket Master, promoter of the concert semi-agreed with the group. The
rest of the concert was Kancelled with a "K" and the fans were given
most of their money back.

One of the fans later commented, "They did the right thing. If I wanted
to hear melodies I'd stay at home and listen to Barry Manilow or some
wack elevator muzak like that. uRD did the right thing by me".

uRD, currently trying to recover from the melodic incident has yet to
announce plans for continuation of their nationwide tour, until the
"duss set'lz " or so they say.