[Dixielandjazz] Things that make me smile instead!

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Wed Jul 28 13:13:04 PDT 2004

I feel a rant comingon. Why?
There's been a WHO-O-O-O-L-E lotta cringin' going on!!
Time to talk about the things that make us smile when  we hear them. Me, I
always smile when I hear or remember Fats Waller, Bix and His Gang, Matty
Matlock and Eddie Miller, big Tee, Art Hodes turning a blues into a concerto
for the avant garde sideman (with his clown face on), and  Bobby Hacket and
his new horn of the month. They never ever fail to evoke the facial riffle!!
What makes me cringe is a post topic that goes on and on and on and , yes,
on some more while so many other good subject possibilities are overlooked.
So - there I go again -- another rant! That's three this week. Hope it
doesn't make anyone cringe!
Don (it's the flowers not the thorns that are important) Ingle