[Dixielandjazz] pet musical peeves

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 28 11:41:36 PDT 2004

Hi all,

Nancy Giffin's post reminded me of a wonderful old musician's joke:

A famous orchestra conductor was in love with two ladies and he couldn't
decided which one to marry. One was a beautiful but dumb blond (sorry about
the "blond" joke at this part) and the other one was a gifted but ugly
operatic coloratura soprano.

He pondered this question for a long time and in the end his artistic nature
asserted itself and he decided to marry the gifted but ugly opera singer.

On the morning after their wedding night the conductor turned to his new
bride and said: "ALL RIGHT, DAMMIT, SING!!"

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "My wife can't sing" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com