[Dixielandjazz] Things that make me cringe

Trumpetom at aol.com Trumpetom at aol.com
Wed Jul 28 10:05:58 PDT 2004

Recently I saw a less than stellar concert in the park performance. There
were a singing group and an "orchestra" complete with drum sounds, incorrect
chords and bass lines from a "one or two finger" chord creator, simulated
instrument voicings & electronically generated harmony parts all coming out of the
keyboard. After the mid concert break, the keyboard player announced that an
audience member inquired about source of the background recording. With a great
deal of pride, the keyboardist announced this was no recording, but it was 100
PERCENT LIVE MUSIC generated right here in his electronic keyboard. That
oxymoron received thunderous applause. Go figure.

Tom Loeb
Riverside California
www.hotsytotsyboys.com