[Dixielandjazz] Things that make me cringe

Patrick Cooke patcooke at cox.net
Wed Jul 28 02:41:42 PDT 2004

It seems that a lot of guys have an urge to sing like Louis Armstrong...many
even wiping their brow while they 'sing'.
     When Louis did it, it was singing....it had feeling.  The others are
merely imitating the gravel voice.  It's been done, done, and overdone.
    Please give it up, guys.  If you must sing, please do it in your own
natural voice.  Let Louis rest in peace,
     Pat Cooke