[Dixielandjazz] Scored Solos

AL LEVY jazz_man at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jul 27 13:55:02 PDT 2004

Hi all,
Anyone remember Tutti's Trumpets?
I Can't Get Started, Marie, and other Berigan solos.
T.D. did a remake of "Who" and "Song Of India"
with Bunny's solos scored for brass section. (rare 45)
Now the obvious, voices not band instruments.
Lambert Hendricks and Ross
Manhattan Transfer
and too many others to mention.
side note:
Dave Lambert recorded a few 78 rpms with a vocal group
including Jo Stafford. "Jolly Jo", "Hawaian War Chant" + a
few other titles I can't remember.
Just Dave on bass +  voices and wow!
P.S. I have a copy of the un-released "I Can't Get Started" - Bunny Berrigan. It's somewhat different than the released
version.

Cheers,
Al
Pianist, Composer, Arranger, Conductor, Teacher and Music Prep.
Please visit me at
http://alevy.com