[Dixielandjazz] A capella front-line

Doug Burnley jazzhags at aol.com
Mon Jul 26 23:21:44 PDT 2004

Hi Dan

    Our band (Riverside Dixieland Jazz Band), will do this
occasionally, usually on an upbeat tune like "Runnin' Wild".
We usually do a full chorus just prior to the final out chorus
and as you said we try to play it soft & "bouncy", then the
rythm comes in for the final "take no prisoners" out chorus.

    It can be very effective, if not overdone.

Doug Burnley
Cornet - Riverside Dixieland Jazz Band
http://riversidejazz.com