[Dixielandjazz] Bolden recording.

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 24 18:44:00 PDT 2004

List mates:

For those who may not know Dan Hardie, or about his passion for the
music and its origins, he is the author of 3 books of interest to
DJMLers.

1) Exploring Early Jazz - The Origin & Evolution of the New Orleans
Style.

2) The Ancestry of Jazz - A Musical Family History

3) The Loudest Trumpet - Buddy Bolden & The Early History of Jazz.

While scholarly, they are quite readable, chock full of accurate jazz
history and readily available world wide. See the following link.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~darnhard/EarlyJazzHistory.html

Dan, who resides in OZ, where it is already tomorrow, knows more about
the early history of this uniquely American art form than most of us
Americans, including jazz musicians and fans. For example, he knew that
James Johnson was indeed Buddy Bolden's double bass player back in 1905.

If your are at all interested in the historical approach to the positive
music, buy the books and read them. You will not be disappointed and you
can leave them on the coffee table for friends to admire and say the
author is a cyber buddy.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

D and R Hardie wrote: (about the Lincoln/Bolden Record Spoof)