[Dixielandjazz] Re: THE ARTISTIC GRIMACE

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Thu Jul 22 09:03:55 PDT 2004

In a message dated 7/22/04 8:49:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time, patcooke at cox.net
writes:

> Well put.  I was about to express the same thought.   I think a smile, or
> even an occasional laugh goes a lot farther.
>    Pat Cooke

Naw guys you missed the whole point, they make those faces because their
leotards are too tight which can cause severe pain in some areas, especially when
playing in a cheap hotel with no Ballroom. :)

Besides Pat, young Rockers don't have anything to smile about, they are all
angry at the world, the only time you see one smile is if they are high.  Come
to think about it the same could be said about many Jazzers too.

A smiling Bass Player speaks loudly that he is high and knows they are not
going to give him a solo anyway so he just stands there smiling and being as
high as he wants to be.:))

The really Good Bass players I know  have mastered the scowl, :)

Musical content:

"I get no Kick from Champagne,"

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins