[Dixielandjazz] Lew Green > Original Salty Dogs of Purdue U

BudTuba at aol.com BudTuba at aol.com
Thu Jul 22 07:28:59 PDT 2004

In a message dated 7/19/04 5:51:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gwilliamoakley at earthlink.net writes:

> Does anyone know of a Lew Green, who played tpt with a group called "The
> >Salty Dogs" some years ago?

Please excuse my commercial brashness...to follow.

I have prepared a CD of that original Salty Dogs of Purdue U from the
Audiophile recording.  If you'd like a copy...the cost is $10 plus $1.50 mailing.
These are very clean recordings...having been processed by Cool Edit Pro (a
software product discussed before on DJML by various people restoring LPs.  A
private email will suffice to set up a transaction and I will also forward a
complete copy of my restored LPs to anyone interested.  Most recordings consist of
2 complete LPs (80 minutes) and include copies of the original liner notes.  I
have undertaken this project to offer trad bands of the revival period
particularly to younger players who will have few other ways of learning about them
and listening to them.

Roy (Bud) Taylor
Smugtown Stompers
Traditional Jazz since 1958