[Dixielandjazz] recording

Adaywayne at aol.com Adaywayne at aol.com
Tue Jul 20 11:08:52 PDT 2004

I have no idea why the hyperlinks came out as they did. I know I entered
them only once!Sorry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

message dated 7/20/2004 11:43:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,  Adaywayne at aol.com
writes:

I posted  a message about this. CoolEdit is now quite expensive. However,
the
program I recommended is RipVinyl and costs only US$9.
_http://www.wieser-software.com/ripvinyl/index.shtml_
(http://www.wieser-software.com/ripvinyl/index.shtml)

_http://www.wieser-software.com/ripvinyl/rpm78.shtml_
(http://www.wieser-software.com/ripvinyl/rpm78.shtml)

I recommend  you fit a 78 stylus to your cartridge to get good recording
from
a  78 rpm record. Also you have to be concerened about the actual speed of
the recording (they varied from 78rpm quite a bit) and also the fact that  no

RIAA curve was applied to 78. There's a lot of information here:
_http://www.vadlyd.dk/English/RIAA_and_78_RPM_preamp.html_
(http://www.vadlyd.dk/English/RIAA_and_78_RPM_preamp.html)

Post  back if you need more info.
Arnie