[Dixielandjazz] recording

Richard Stevens thejazzfactory at ozemail.com.au
Mon Jul 19 22:43:00 PDT 2004

Hi Phil,

If you use a program such as Cool Edit (recently re-badged as Adobe
Audition) there is a gizmo for slowing or speeding up your sound file. I
haven't used it myself yet but it is just a matter of calculating the
percentage increase you would need to apply to put the thing back to pitch.
You can also use the same effect and retain the pitch but vary the tempo or
vice versa! Sounds weird, but handy if the band speeds up!  It's a fair
amount of work just to recover a track but I suppose if it's a rare one in
prime condition it's worth doing!

regards,
Richard Stevens
www.thejazzfactory.net