[Dixielandjazz] No topics of interest !

Dave Gravatt dave at creolejazz.com
Thu Jul 15 09:02:10 PDT 2004

Worst: I worked at Opryland in Nashville a couple of summers with a trad jazz band from Indiana University. We drove to Nashville excited about the opportunity and were immediately called in to the entertainment office to hear about all the money we were about to be privledged to fork over before we'd even started the job. It wasn't so much the fact that we had to join and pay the dues, it was how it was presented to us.  A bit like a shakedown. Not professional.

Best: I got stiffed by a leader when I was working in St. Louis. I called Goose Gosland with the St. Louis union and he tracked the guy all the way to New York and got me paid. Also, trust fund jobs while in St. Louis. Those paid pretty good (for the time) and were fun.

Dave
Dave Gravatt
"It's a treat to beat your feet."
The Creole Dixieland Jazz Band