[Dixielandjazz] Yama Yama Man - yet another possible clue?

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Sun Jul 11 18:04:45 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I have been spending some time on the internet  trying to find any more
info about the mysterious Yama Yama Man. I have been reading a very
interesting new book (well, new to the USA, it has been around for a
while in the UK) called "No Go The Bogeyman" by Marina Warner - all
about the history of "Bogeymen" throughout recorded civilization (and
even before that ;-)  I have not found any specific references to the
Yama Yama Man yet, but I am not through the book yet.

What I did find on he internet is the link to the Vedic/Tibetan god
Yama, the Lord of Death! I wonder if the songwriter/lyricist  had any
inkling of that connection?

anyway, it is still a great song - "And That's Jazz"  has been playing
it for a while now and it gets a great audience reaction - not just at
Halloween...

Dave Richoux