[Dixielandjazz] Recordings, CD's

Dave Hanson jazzdude at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 11 12:29:07 PDT 2004

Hello listmates ! I'm listening to the discussion about recording CD's live, and turning them around for public release within a day or two. Remarkable approach to selling your product, if you can, in fact, do a quick turnaround, with quality and everyone in the group recorded is in agreement about all of this.

How many of us have had a recording made of a live performance without our knowledge, and suddenly someone is selling our efforts on a CD we didn't get paid for, and don't really have any connection to the groups we did it with ? ie: a concert situation. I've had it happen to me and frankly I cringe every time I see the mikes and sound equipment I wonder who will making a profit from the groups efforts, me included. Any comment folks !!!

Dave Hanson
Trombone
Atlanta