[Dixielandjazz] High-speed duplicating

Bert Joss jaroberts at webtv.net
Sun Jul 11 08:12:55 PDT 2004

     With reference to conventions, my former employer, a large
technical association, developed a method of recording the discussions
following the presentation of a technical paper. At first these were
laboriously transcribed and edited for publication. But with the
development of high-speed cassette duplicators, we simply dubbed the
recordings onto cassettes, copied them at high speed, and offered them
for sale at the close of sessions. Very successfully, too!
     So my question is: can CD's be burned at high speed? That would
enable them to be sold "immediatelty" after the concert.
And I agree a warts-and-all copy of the actual live performance would be
preferable to a prerecorded version. Nobody complained about "Diminuendo
and Crescendo in Blue"!  Nor the Benny Goodman 1938 Carnegie Hall
Concert
     Bert Joss.

jaroberts at webtv.net