[Dixielandjazz] Brady McKay

Schnabbels at aol.com Schnabbels at aol.com
Thu Jul 8 14:56:59 PDT 2004

Brady, Tom and Listmates,

Was listening (via Internet) to Netherlands One this afternoon, the premier
public radio outlet in The Netherlands (my "Motherland"). The format is similar
our NPR in the U.S. i.e. news and interviews. No jazz programming but
frequent musical intermezzi reflecting a very ecclectic taste. You can hear
everything because the programmers are not constrained by a format corset and can
pretty much follow their own tastes.

Getting to the point, within the last twenty minutes, I was listening to
Brady McKay!
I didn't catch the name of the tune but the "Leitmotiv" was "If you're not
nice to me. I'll cut your throat". Sounds like a Brady tune to me.

Anyway, congratulations for getting some airtime in Europe.

Regrads,
Rob van der Plas
Scottsdale, AZ