[Dixielandjazz] Free Burial for qualified Musicians in New Orleans

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Thu Jul 8 15:20:13 PDT 2004

Hey Folks:  Anybody interested in a Pre-Need situation:

I found this article in Off-Beat Magazine today and thought I would pass it
on.

Enjoy or don't :)

Tom Wiggins

THE NEW ORLEANS MUSICIANS TOMB: Friends of New Orleans Cemeteries has
announced that the long-awaited New Orleans Musicians Tomb is now being restored.
Situated in St. Louis Cemetery #1, the tomb belongs to the legendary Barbarin
family, which is donating half of the family's tomb for the interment of
destitute musicians. The first musician to be buried in the tomb, after restoration,
will be Lloyd Washington, a former member of the Ink Spots. Until the tomb is
restored, Washington's body will remain in the Mother-In-Law Lounge, sharing
the space with the wax effigy of Ernie K-Doe. Any living musicians interested in
securing space in the New Orleans Musicians Tomb should contact Rob Florence
at rob at tourneworleans.com