[Dixielandjazz] Atlanta Jazz Party - Redux

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Tue Jul 6 16:20:29 PDT 2004

In a message dated 7/6/04 10:45:45 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

> Just read the Mississippi Rag review of the Atlanta Jazz Party (by John
> Bittner) Stunning!!  Wow!! I am having a difficult time understanding
> how that fan who wrote the negative letter to the American Rag did not
> find the AJP appealing.

I can only surmize that perhaps the two Atlanta Jazz Party articles in this
topic from two different publications actually were written about two different
 Parties,  Apparently the Miss. Rag, folks went to the correct one.

Since I have not read the articles first hand I have no idea why they would
be so different with a great lineup of great musicians like those guys, how
could it possibly be a BAD festival or event.   Naw somebody stayed home
listening to Banjo records and didn't go to the Festival at all, or maybe sent their
heavy metal grandson to review the event for them.

What ever the reason that article was published for, it served no purpose to
the cause of perpetuating  or even reviewing good music OKOM or anything else
other than the ego of the writer.   Obviously that Fan who wrote the letter
was at the wrong event and is not a fan of OKOM.   All one has to do is read the
advance schedule of artists to appear, and if you don't like who is on the
Bill for heavens sake don't go, Go see somebody you do like, or sit home alone
and play your record collection of "Favorite all time Washboard melodies" and
dream about the good old days. :))

Atlanta is a Big city with lots of musical activities for every taste, simply
go find what you want or better yet put your money where your mouth is and go
hire the acts you want to see and promote your own event.

What ever happened to the old adage of "If you can't say something nice, Say
Nothing at All"?

:))

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins