[Dixielandjazz] Bei Meir Bist Du Schoen

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Mon Jul 5 18:16:24 PDT 2004

Al;

I'm not quite certain of what your question is. In any event, here's an
answer.

"Bei Mir Bist Du Schoen" was written for the Yiddish theatre in 1933 by
Sholem Secunda and Jacob Jacobs. English lyrics were written a bit later, in
1937, by Sammy Cahn. It soon became quite popular with many groups such as
Benny Goodman, the Andrew Sisters, Chick Webb with Ella Fitzgerald, Wooden
Nickel Jazz Band, and others.

Now, then, what was the "xxxx"?

Stan