[Dixielandjazz] Bei Meir Bist Du Schoen

AL LEVY jazz_man at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jul 4 19:28:50 PDT 2004

Please answer me directly and I'll respond.
I'll get around to sending the answer to the group after I
get some responses. (I'm taking a poll)

I moved to Texas from NY about a year ago.
Somebody at a dance we played asked for a "xxxxx" song.
Title of the song "Bei Meir Bist Du Schoen".
xxxx stands for the nationality or ethnic origin of the tune.
I was shocked. It promted me to ask a bunch of musicians
and some singers what they thought about the tune's
origin. All said the same thing!
================================
Let me know what you think. Don't change your mind
as a result of this message.
I learned something very interesting about the lyrics when I
asked Alvy West the same question - two weeks ago.
(that very intersting should be read like a line on Laugh In)
My gut feeling is the mis-conception is very wide spread.
And now for the rest of the story.

Cheers,
Al
Pianist, Composer, Arranger, Conductor, Teacher and Music Prep.
Please visit me at
http://alevy.com