[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Fans

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 3 15:50:56 PDT 2004

> "Robert S. Ringwald" <robert at ringwald.com> wrote (polite snip)
> How about writing a letter to the Editor of the American Rag stating your
> opinions below?

The DJML mail was copied to Don Jones, publisher of the American Rag. They can
publish it or not as they see fit.

> P.S.  I doubt if bands are graded down in Sacramento for not dressing alike.
> They might be graded down for not dressing cleanly & neatly.  I'll check on
> it & report back.

Probably not any more. I hear tell that is was, however, very much the case, a
decade or so ago.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

PS. Some of my musical buddies who were at Atlanta Jazz Party (performers and
audience) reported that it was GREAT. I know had I been there, I would have adored
Christopher and Wilbur, with Metz Jr, Flanagan and Shane, as well as Pizzarelli and
Alden. They are musical GIANTS, all, and play some of the best OKOM around these
days. They are what jazz is all about.