[Dixielandjazz] Re: Good and Bad Music

Mike Durham mikedurham_jazz at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 31 19:49:10 PST 2004

Maybe so, Steve, and maybe not. At the time (late 40's), Pops may well have
been dismissive of the new music - a lot of the established guys were. Like
I said, he probably mellowed after a bit, and in any case, whatever he
thought about the music, no reason why he shouldn't stay friends with the
guys who played it. And as Dizzy said of Louis - "No him, no me"

'best,

Mike