[Dixielandjazz] Identification of band players

Mike Durham mikedurham_jazz at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 31 19:44:24 PST 2004

Dick, if the tunes are West End Blues, The Martinique, The Saints, Didn't He
Ramble,Closer Walk, , Chinatown, Sweet Georgia Brown, That's My Home, Chimes
Blues, Tin Roof Blues etc., then personnel is Buckner, Joe Darensbourg,
William Woodman (tbn), Harvey Brooks (pno), Art Edwards (bass) and Jesse
Sailes (drums) from GNP Crescendo GNP-11, recorded feb 6, 1955 in L.A. at
the Dixieland Jubilee. GNP stands for Gene Norman Presents, by the way.

Mike.