[Dixielandjazz] OT: Women in Music was Electronic Enhancment

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Sat Jan 31 13:50:29 PST 2004

In a message dated 1/31/04 9:57:18 AM Pacific Standard Time,
sbrager at socal.rr.com writes:

> While this speaks about women in symphonic orchestras, it demonstrates that
> there is still a problem for many men to accept women musicians as equals.
> There is also racial biases in some symphonic orchestras.
>
> My point is, Bob, that while many musical organizations have made great
> strides, there is still much to do.
>
> Stan
> Stan Brager
> Trombonist-in-Training

This statement is absurd Stan, Racisim and not accepting women musicians in
Symphonic orchestras was stopped at exactly the same date and time it was
halted in OKOM orchestras, :))

We have made that very very clear to me many times in the past on this list,
so let's don't drag it up again, :))

Cheers,

Doubting Thomas Wiggins