[Dixielandjazz] The Cosmic Bb

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Sat Jan 31 10:43:43 PST 2004

Quite a few years ago (15 or 20?) there was an event that went on
world-wide to celebrate the discovery that the rotation of the Earth
created a low frequency hum in concert Eb. People gathered at various
places and produced sounds that harmonized with Eb using various
electronic and acoustic instruments for 24 hours. I played for a few
hours on an old Eb Sousaphone with a group of musicians (mostly from
the San Jose State and Stanford University music classes) in a park in
San Jose, California.

let's just say it was interesting...

For some reason I can find no record of this event on the internet - I
guess it was just one of those things that came and went and will be
forgotten by most...

Dave Richoux