[Dixielandjazz]Now Getting at the Bird!

Jazzjerry at aol.com Jazzjerry at aol.com
Fri Jan 30 19:55:25 PST 2004

In a message dated 31/1/04 0:08:02, mikedurham_jazz at hotmail.com writes:

<< I mean, do
you like his stuff, or what?

Some of his stuff was okay I suppose but I would rather listen to two CDs
worth of Mezz Mezzrow than10 minutes of Parker. Also this minute analysis of
every grunt, squeak and fart emanating from his alto by these selfstyled
musicologists allegedly trying to search for the 'real meaning' or insight into his
incredible genius strikes me as the most pretentious waste of time. Parker was a
working musician (when not smashed out of his head) who was trying to earn a
crust to pay for his next fix.

Cheers,

Jerry,
Norwich,