[Dixielandjazz] Hey, Dixieland Jazz Fans! Creole Jazz Band news...

Creole Dixieland Jazz Band dave at creolejazz.com
Thu Jan 29 21:51:57 PST 2004

Greetings, Dixieland Jazz Fans!

This is the occasional newsletter of the Creole Dixieland Jazz Band from Springfield, Missouri. (E-mail removal instructions at the bottom of this message.)

For details on all of this news and a whole lot more, visit our website: http://www.CreoleJazz.com.

SERTOMA CHILI COOKOFF - THIS SATURDAY, JANUARY 31
Join us this Saturday at 10 a.m. as we play for the annual Sertoma Chili Cookoff at the newly renovated Springfield Exposition Center. Last year, $80,000 was raised to benefit the Springfield Boys & Girls Clubs. The Creole Dixieland Jazz Band is proud to be part of this benefit event. Lots of other great local bands will be there too. For details: http://www.sertomachilicookoff.com/

MARDI GRAS 2004 - TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 24
Have you made your reservation yet? Join us for Arris' Pizza's 4th Annual Mardi Gras Celebration on Tuesday, February 24, 2004. Come to one of TWO separate seatings: The first from 5:30-7:00 p.m. or the second from 7:30-9:00 p.m. There will be lots of free giveaways like gift certificates, caps, T-shirts, and more! This event has sold out every year since we started so make your reservations now. Call Arris' at 417-881-7260.

STILL EVERY SUNDAY at ARRIS' PIZZA
Every Sunday from 6:30 till 8:30 p.m.; 1332 E. Republic Road in Springfield. Remember to call for a reservation, 417-881-7260. Except, of course, this Sunday, 2/1, which is Superbowl Sunday.

STILL EVERY MONDAY at JOEY'S SEAFOOD RESTAURANT
"Mardi Gras Mondays" are hot at Joey's. We play from 6:00 till 8:00 every Monday night; 1645 W. Republic Road. "Mardi Gras Mondays" feature a special Louisiana/Cajun menu and the Creole Dixieland Jazz Band. Joey's has begun to take reservations on Mondays to help accomodate the growing crowd. Give Joey's a call at 417-655-0562.

GREAT MUSICIANS
Lots of great players have played with or sat in with the Creole Band lately:

Cornet - Mark Brueggemann, Lee Smith, Ferrell Mears
Clarinet - Jerry Hoover, Jim Murphy, Dick Turner
Trombone - Red Ormsbee, Chuck Mahaffey
Piano - Harry Beckett, Lee Smith
Tuba - Steve Griggs, Bob Loffler
Bass - Brandon Henson
Vocals - Jerry Haden, Tom Rolfes, Steve Mann

A complete list of musicians who have played with the band one time or another is on our website: http://www.CreoleJazz.com.

GREAT SONGS
Lately we've played: "Beale Street Blues", "Bourbon Street Parade", "Sugar", "Blue Turning Gray Over You", "Once In a While", "Just a Little While To Stay Here", "I Wish't I Was In Peoria", "By and By", "Dinah", and lots of other terrific old tunes. Come request your favorites Sundays and Mondays.

The band wishes to thank everyone who continues to come out to Arris' on Sundays and to Joey's on Mondays to support live, traditional, New Orleans jazz in the Ozarks.

See you soon.

Dave Gravatt
The Creole Dixieland Jazz Band
"It's a treat to beat your feet"
http://www.CreoleJazz.com
Springfield, Missouri
417-581-5626
Live, hot, traditional New Orleans Dixieland jazz from 6:30 till 8:30 every Sunday night except Easter and the Superbowl at Arris' Pizza, 1332 E. Republic Road (between Fremont & National) in Springfield, Missouri; 417-881-7260.

Hear the band EVERY MONDAY night from 6-8 p.m. at Joey's Seafood Restaurant, 1645 W. Republic Rd in front of Remingtons at James River Expressway and Kansas Expressway; 417-655-0562.

***You're receiving this because you (or someone pretending to be you) requested to be on the mailing list of the Creole Dixieland Jazz Band from Springfield, Missouri. Or, I know you personally and just thought you'd want to be on the list. Either way, if you DO NOT want to be on our list, just reply and let me know. Thanks.***