[Dixielandjazz] Tim Laughlin

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 29 22:36:40 PST 2004

Hi List mates:

>From the answers I received about Tim's Band and Festivals, it appears
that they have not played a lot of OKOM festivals in the USA. They have
played at Pensacola's Festival, which is not too far from New Orleans.

Also received some nice notes from European list mates who have seen him
at Festivals there and one from a nice lady whose Granddaughter played
with him in Denmark as well as New Orleans.

Now the question becomes: Why is it that a band as good and fresh as
his, is not on the Festival scene more often in the USA?

After hearing his clips, it would seem to me that US Festivals are
missing out on a good thing for OKOM and Jazz.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone