[Dixielandjazz] Barbone's query about clarinetist Tim Laughlin

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Thu Jan 29 20:48:59 PST 2004

>Steve Barbone writes:
>Quick question: Has Tim Laughlin's band played at, or been invited to
play at many OKOM Festivals, outside of New Orleans in the USA or
worldwide?

We've had Tim Laughlin play the Pensacola JazzFest previously.(We try to
represent the spectrum of jazz-- we're not large enough to limit ourselves
to one style of jazz.)  It was mentioned that he's had  several European
tours.  Since he plays in OKOM style, presumably that kind of festival as
suits his style. Looking foward to having him with pianist Tom McDermott and
drummer Hal Smith again at our festival first weekend in April.

Thanks.

Norman Vickers